D2 Coilovers

350Z
avi_z33

D2 Coilovers

Post by avi_z33 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:57 pm

Hey guys :)

Iv got a set of D2 coilovers all around which i would like installed. This would mean I would need to get rid of the spring bucket in the rear.
Has anyone been through this?
And, can this be certified?

Thanks!

Karljsw

Post by Karljsw » Tue May 19, 2015 6:29 pm

Re certification ring a lvvta certifier up and talk with them, don't bother ringing lvvta themselves as they will just tell you to read the appendix and ring a certifier.

The certifier's are more than happy to talk you through stuff

avi_z33

Post by avi_z33 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:23 pm

Word of advice don't get D2's for the 350z.

Contacted the supplier of D2's in NZ. Said they will pass so I went and got them put in. Another problem, doesn't have a mount attached to the strut for the brake and ABS lines. At the moment I have just zip tied them, will need to make custom mounts for the lines to pass cert. What a hassle. Should of gone with BC gold or spent more for Teins.

Fair to say tho, handles like it's on rails now :P handling has increased incredibly.

Luxo

Post by Luxo » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:38 pm

I have the D2s and have been putting cert/wof/reg off for months haha. So it won't pass with zip ties? damn!
2005 350Z ST money pit.

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:14 pm

Luxo wrote:I have the D2s and have been putting cert/wof/reg off for months haha. So it won't pass with zip ties? damn!

you're back in a red z?

Luxo

Post by Luxo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:35 pm

OMSIN wrote:
Luxo wrote:I have the D2s and have been putting cert/wof/reg off for months haha. So it won't pass with zip ties? damn!

you're back in a red z?
Yup sure am. Couldn't shake the Z bug hahah. 06 Track Manual. Would've liked the HR but that would've meant selling the bike. Nice hatch btw!!
2005 350Z ST money pit.