Need to replace my brakepads! Brembo brakes :)

350Z
MissZ

Need to replace my brakepads! Brembo brakes :)

Post by MissZ » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:09 am

Hey guys,

Am pretty new here haha.
Just got my WOF done and was informed I needed to change my front and rear brakepads.
I've got brembos on my '05, and am just wondering if you knew any affordable brake pads that will fit!

Any advice or comments are greatly appreciated :D

C

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:30 am

MissZ wrote:Am pretty new here haha.
Just got my WOF done and was informed I needed to change my front and rear brakepads.
I've got brembos on my '05, and am just wondering if you knew any affordable brake pads that will fit!

Any advice or comments are greatly appreciated :D
Give the James, Steve and John at Race Brakes a call, say I sent you. http://www.racebrakes.co.nz/home.html
They have variety of options, and as you have Brembo calipers there are more options that the standard Nissan calipers. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

MissZ

Post by MissZ » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:37 am

Thank you BRONZEE!
Will give them a call over the weekend or sometime next week.
Jeez the costs start to add up haha.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:22 pm

MissZ wrote:Thank you BRONZEE!
Will give them a call over the weekend or sometime next week.
Jeez the costs start to add up haha.
Don't think they're open on weekends as they're usually at the race track or at motorsport events then.

Important to get good stopping power to pull up, 350's are heavy lumps at over 1460kgs.
Next - Z Club events:

Buster

Post by Buster » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:59 pm

You could also go to BNT as a second option. They can definately supply something that will fit.
Whoever does the work make sure the brake fluid is replaced. It's likely to have been in there a few years and is so cheap to replace on a road car. 350z Brembos are really easy to work on if you know someone familiar with changing brake pads.

NOSFEDZ32

Post by NOSFEDZ32 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:02 pm

As a third option you can go either Supercheap (Bendix) or Repco...
A few projects on the go....

netrover

Post by netrover » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:01 am

I upgraded to DBA slotted rotors and Ferrodo pads. Noticeable difference in braking response.
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:50 am

netrover wrote:I upgraded to DBA slotted rotors and Ferrodo pads. Noticeable difference in braking response.
Same years ago, it makes a big difference! 8)
Next - Z Club events:

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:45 pm

Ive got a good rear set OEM pads and shims from the Brembo 2006 350Z I sold. Only replaced as I brought new pads all round. They are no good to me and so can be yours if you pick up in Greenlane. 0211390709

MissZ

Post by MissZ » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:39 am

Ohh wow so many responses, thanks heaps all of you! I'll definitely have a look at everything suggested :)
I had originally got some pads from Repco (friend works there so can get me discounted stuff) but she's not sure if they have pads to fit brembos :(

ZILVER! Thank you for the offer but I just replaced the rear ones :( Only after the front ones at the moment - not too urgent but definitely need to be replaced in a few months or so.

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Repco definitely have pads for Brembos. went in a couple weeks back to price up some for mine.

Luxo

Post by Luxo » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:54 pm

I've got larger aftermarket brembos (Gran Turismo 355/345mm kit).. Still haven't figured out how I'm going to buy new pads when they're needed..
2005 350Z ST money pit.

Baker93
Z Club Member

Post by Baker93 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:16 am

Hi Brembo pads are one of the most commonly available pads in the world available in many different compounds for many different brake pad suppliers. Generally speaking I would not expect the likes of Repco to have much in the way of variety if any available for Brembos . Brembo, AP, Willwood, JFZ etc etc often share common backing plate configerations.
Companies to try include John Arkley at Race Brakes, Cardwell Racing Supplies, Sydnam Spares, Alert Motorsport, Neil Allport, Brennan Racing.

maukuzed

Post by maukuzed » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:37 am

bnt do stock pads to fit 350z standard brembos, a full set that's front and rears cost $90 and they were a good road compound and work fine for everyday driving ,I would imagine much more cost effective for the average user, but not cheap crap either

MissZ

Post by MissZ » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:31 am

Haha I may need to get her to have another look! She was like OMG I have no idea which ones they are.
Will probably change the front ones next month or so once I get back from the slopes :)