a little bit of help needed before track day

300ZX
martysauce

a little bit of help needed before track day

Post by martysauce » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:38 pm

hey guys i have a track day coming up on the 28th of this month , my 1st time on the track so should be fun. Anyway i took my car for a drive up and down the road which was the 1st drive since the engine swap. my tt z32 seemed to go great all tho the brake lights didnt work, the tail lights worked just wouldnt light up the brake part of the bulb. secondly when it got to about 12.4psi of boost she seemd to sort of bog down, not miss or anything the power just felt like it disaperd, any thing below 12 and she was all power. and thirdly i have a innovate lc2 wideband installed which just flashes 7.4 all the time even after i calibrated the sensor iv had a look and seems to be a shaged sensor code but i cant confirm it. any help from some of you z32 gurus would be very appresiated and wish me luck for the track should be great fun :D :D

Greensheep
Z Club Member

Post by Greensheep » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:58 pm

Don't have allot of experience with TTs
I would check the brake switch on the pedal for a start for the brake lights
What fuel are you using? 91 octane?
My thought is the compression with higher boost might be to high for low octane fuel
Just some thoughts
Good luck
It's always a good day when you drive a Z

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:52 am

Im using 98 octane buy was thinking of running 100+for the track day

Greensheep
Z Club Member

Post by Greensheep » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:32 pm

Hmmm
Time to take it to the dyno :D
It's always a good day when you drive a Z

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:37 pm

Haha thats what i was about to do last time then it turned out my rebuilt forged engine was shagged a week out from the dyno so i had to swap a standard engine back in :(

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:07 pm

See ya at the trackday marty. Im assuming its the Christchurch Trackday one. your brake lights are most probably because the Brake light fuse has been bypassed? can you do stand still burnouts? the easiest way to do them is to buypass the brakelight fuse. its a little bit more complicated than that but its not that hard if that makes sense. as for the rest of it, dyno tune. highly recommend Rapid Performance in Timaru. Worth the drive. Great team down there. Best $1000 bucks you can spend after an upgrade like yours.

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:44 pm

Its through a university club called motosoc not sure if its the same thing. I sorted the brake lights turns out the fuse was gone all together chucked one in and they worked fine haha. I droped the boost to 7psi and went good so il turn it up to 10. Dyno might be an idea but the engine swap was temporary till i rebuild my old engine

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:21 pm

ahh yer. Christchurch Trackday is on the 30th. Come out if your keen. A lot of like minded trackday guys out there. be about 50-60 cars through out the day. be good to have another Z out to play with :)
and for some reason i got Z33 and Z32 mixed up :oops:
good to have the brake lights back though. some ppl in the rear view mirror are blind.

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:12 am

I might have to come out not sure if il be racing tho would have to get a trailor 😧old lady z is not exactly legal at the moment probably come have a chat about z stuff tho