alloy fitment

300ZX
naki lad

alloy fitment

Post by naki lad » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:06 pm

After advice before I make a serious offer on a set of alloys ive seen, would these fit my z32 its totally standard atm
18" 10.5j all round 22p?

Any help would be great guys :)

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:32 pm

They will likely stick out a fair bit.
This may help:
http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

But it doesn't take into account the nature of the Z32 fender nor front brake caliper clearance.
I'd recommend a test fit before you buy unless you can find a photo of such fitted to the Z.

naki lad

Post by naki lad » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:02 am

Cheers mate yeah I think ill pass on them and get something that will fit nicely without huge arch modifications.

Don't suppose you would know best place to get a full HID kit from for my Z32 I googled the bulb type and it came up with 9006 :/ was expecting H1 or H3 or something not 9006 lol

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:19 am

Well I know the EBay HID kits for the 300zx are problematic and cause various issues, enough for most to stay clear of that idea (particulary in NZ).

The Factory HID Xenon 1999/2000 model headlights are a complete headlight replacement. Rather expensive but are the best/legal solution.

naki lad

Post by naki lad » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:52 pm

What kind of issues? I've always used eBay HIDs in the UK with no problems?

And yeah the HID headunits are very expensive!!! Seen a set of new ones on Z1motorsport sure they were around 2k lol

Only reason I ask is 90% of my driving is at night and I wouldn't mind some better lighting :)

dazed

Post by dazed » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:49 pm

My Z was never much fun at night either,so I fitted some 100/55 bulbs,so at low beam they are standard and at high beam almost twice as bright

magic.
1984 Z31 T Top Turbo Two Seater...all the T s

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:26 pm

naki lad wrote:What kind of issues? I've always used eBay HIDs in the UK with no problems?

And yeah the HID headunits are very expensive!!! Seen a set of new ones on Z1motorsport sure they were around 2k lol

Only reason I ask is 90% of my driving is at night and I wouldn't mind some better lighting :)
By the time they are landed here in NZ & GST, shipping etc is taken care of you will have handed over ~$3k NZ (a bit less but close to that anyway)

Are they worth it? YES

This may seem like a stupid statement, how the hell can it be worth ~$3K to upgrade you headlights????

Well after seeing multiple HID kits (illegally) fitted to multiple Z32s & having driven them, then also fitted one side of an HID kit to the driving lamps on a Z32 & compared beam spread etc in my shop, then spending the money & fitting the $3K lamps to my wifes daily driven 1997 Z32 I can honestly say there is simply no comparison.

If you have spent anything from ~$3K to even $20K on your Z32 the improvement in lighting while driving at night with the upgraded headlamp assemblies is actually well worth the money. $3k sounds like a lot BUT even if you forget the safety factor, the strain on your vision, the bling factor, the fact that the adjusters are more than likely shot on your 25yr old units........ etc etc etc how much fuel does $3k buy? (not much really) what would people happily spend on a set of wheels and tires? what about a paint job?

The $3K compared to the improvements if you drive the car frequently at night is actually a pretty fair deal, I'd upgrade my own personal z32 in a heartbeat IF I used it more often in the dark (might do three trips a year in the dark at worst).

It sounds like a lot of money but honestly it is well worth it, forget about the cheap HID kits, they are illegal & give a terrible beam spread - brighter light but a crap useless pattern.

Ghz32

Post by Ghz32 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:45 pm

just depends what sort of look you are going for... i have 9.5" all round at 15p with 235 tyres and it is fine with the rear guards lightly rolled.