Fitting wiring loom VG30DETT

300ZX
djz

Post by djz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:45 pm

A noid light would help you figure out whether the injectors are actually getting a pulse from the computer.

The other thing I've done on RBs and L series motors is to spin the CAS by hand and see if the injectors are clicking, probably best to do this with the fuel pump disabled.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

Initial Z

Post by Initial Z » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:16 pm

pintle seize'd
Last edited by Initial Z on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z32 2+0 TT Project

Initial Z

Post by Initial Z » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Turns out pintle pins were stuck shut. a gentle push and they all squirt fine again. who wouldve guessed it.
Z32 2+0 TT Project

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:17 am

Those early style fuel injectors+connectors always cause striff. 1994+ Series 2 pintleless injectors can be swapped in with a fairly cheap adapting kit should you want to replace/upgrade them. ie something like this: http://www.conceptzperformance.com/Cart ... .73.25.227

Initial Z

Post by Initial Z » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:59 pm

yea i will look into upgrading in the future, i just wanna get her certified and road legal for now. all back together now and runs sweet,
slight miss but will look into that at a later date. cant wait to take her on its first voyage. will keep u posted.
Z32 2+0 TT Project

Initial Z

Post by Initial Z » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:10 pm

By the way thats an awesome site zilver, are they who you import parts from?? could realy be interested in
the jecs 550cc injector package for 90-94 engines, and also those 350lph intank fuel pumps. would be more then
enough fuel for what i want to achieve.
Z32 2+0 TT Project

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:54 am

Yeah, I import fairly regulary from them. Coz the owner of Concept Z Performance often offers a bulk buy discount. Additionally the combined shipment makes it further economical for everyone. I'll be liky doing a purchase for myself soon, and offering free or discounted piggyback shipping to club mates (plus the discount if applicable/Coz confirms).

I also have a selection of new OEM service parts for the Z32 which I resale at (+5% from what I sourced from Coz) if people need urgent supply of filters/timing components/etc.

The stock fuel pump is good for about 500hp - think it was tested by Specialty in the Z to struggle near 600HP. Dual stock fuel pumps is a common setup for High HP cars.