Techno Toy Tuning R200 rear conversion kit

240z, 260z, 280z
DeeCee

Techno Toy Tuning R200 rear conversion kit

Post by DeeCee » Wed May 23, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi all,

Currently I am looking at Techno Toy Tuning R200 rear conversion kit as the most efficient way to upgrade the rear end and while I have a question on the LVVTA boards related to the fabrication technique of the hub carriers, I was wondering if anyone has purchased, installed and certified the Techno Toy Tuning R200 rear conversion kit in NZ? Apparently T3 components have not gone past design approval of TAC-LVVTA, or at least not this kit and a submission would need to be made.

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/280z ... sion-z-car

Cheers, Dave

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Wed May 23, 2018 3:20 pm

I fitted some of their parts to front of my car when I restored it. About 8 years ago. They raised the same sort of questions when i had it certified. Basically I had to get all manufacturing details of the parts, the type of steel or aluminum that was used, and how it was welded. I think its was around the billet parts. They wanted to know what sort of machine that was used. My certification guy submitted all this info and they still questioned the billet parts, so I sent they a bundle of information around these parts being used for competition cars. Pictures from the net and who was using them. That seemed to do the trick back then.

If you want to see their comprehensive being fitted to a 240 watch MCM on you tube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIgB8i8o2No
Bernie Kant
Club President

DeeCee

Post by DeeCee » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:47 am

Sorry for the late response, been a bit busy. Thanks for the info Bernie.

And yes, one of the reasons I am following up on the T3 kit is because of MCM's installation of the kit and understanding what it does consist of and how it is installed.

Do you (or anyone else) have the paperwork which was submitted to LVVTA regarding the T3 or any other aftermarket components related to driveline?
I would like to gather the appropriate information as I would like to ensure that when I go through this process, it is concise and complete as possible.

Cheers, Dave

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:18 pm

No sorry was to long ago. I would advise you find a certification engineer that you will be using and start the discussions with him. He will be able to work this through with you. I suggest you get as many applications were the kits have been used as possible, set up for racing is advisable. I cannot see why they would not certify that stuff, any welding that needs to be done would need to be done by a certed welder. Generally they don't like welded suspension parts.
Bernie Kant
Club President