What's a L26 engine wit manual gbox worth?

240z, 260z, 280z
jotary13b

What's a L26 engine wit manual gbox worth?

Post by jotary13b » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi guys pretty hard to get ab idea of what an l26 engine with the twin carbs and manual box would be worth? AnY ideas would be much appreciated

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Are you selling or buying?

Selling - start high and be patient

Carbs 200 - block and head 500 plus another 500 for gear box? Pulling numbers from thin air as I haven’t seen a complete combo for sale for a while. Can’t say there would be high demand. Most people go for 240/280zx combos
72 240z plus bits

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Not sure about the carbs, but the block and heads, because of the potential of the L28, are not exactly in demand, I can't remember when last I heard of someone looking for a L26, value $50? Gearbox may have some takers, B type box in "as is" condition would be around $50, if refreshed and ready to go up to $700. Hopefully helpful. Pricing opinions may vary but both items unfortunately have a better option ( C type box for gearboxes, L28 for engines) available and plentiful for modifiers. Edit: the head is possibly the most valuable item depending on type and generation. Try listing all items with a decent and honest description, aim high.

jotary13b

Post by jotary13b » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:44 pm

Great thanks for the info, I'm considering selling the engine package from a 260z (going rb) might chuck it in storage and maybe build later if it's not worth much

limezed

Post by limezed » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:01 pm

If it's matching numbers for your car keep it. Hide it under the bench, under the bed or under your pillow but don't throw it away. As the RB will devalue the zed. If it's not matching numbers, then keep it as well as the RB will still devalue you car. If you ever come sell it then it will be worth more if you have the bits in a box. Uys my 2 cents.