Recommended mechanic in Dunedin for an S130?

240z, 260z, 280z
beerhappy

Recommended mechanic in Dunedin for an S130?

Post by beerhappy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:32 am

I'm the new owner of a S130 with a couple of issues:

1: Requires quite a bit of warming up before driving, or even idling
2: A bit smokey, mainly on start up / while cold

Looking for a recommended mechanic in Dunedin that might be able to help me out on going with this car

Cheers for any suggestions

-Beerhappy

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:15 pm

You could try posting on the FB page too, see if anyone on there has any suggestions. https://www.facebook.com/ZClubNZ
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

annszcar

Post by annszcar » Fri May 18, 2018 9:52 pm

Hello, Just wondering if you have got your problems sorted yet.
At retirement age I am taking on a few select jobs on the older Datsuns (the work I really enjoy). I am a Datsun trained mechanic from the early '70,s and had our own mechanical repair businesses on Oamaru in the 1980's and Australia in the 90's.
We have a 'fleet' or a dozen or so roadgoing Datsuns, plus a full restoration of our 240Z underway.
Having finally got a suitable new workshop set up, I will be taking on a few jobs.
I am familiar with the twin carb set-up on the 240Z's, and well as mutli carb work on race cars and rally cars.
I have extensive experience on overhaul on the L-Series engines, and well as the smaller A-Series.
We are on a rural property Herbert / Maheno. email: lindsay@tractorbooks.co.nz , or give me a call 021 184 6366 if you wish to contact me or come up sometime and have a talk.
Regards, Lindsay Currie