What Early S30z's exist or existed in NZ? Early Girl Bingo..

240z, 260z, 280z
nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:20 pm

B101 wrote:This is interesting. My 71 said to be first registered in nz in 1971 Dec #1234 is what it says on my car report, has the two throttles in the middle ( choke an throttle ) but does not have the early 240z badge on the rear quarter panel and had a 5spd manual in it.

So I am unsure of what to make of the vehicle. . .
Don't get fooled by USA spec stuff....different market different specs. Very very rare to find a RHD 240z with a 4spd box...3spd auto yes, 5spd yes....4spd...no....if a standard fairlady z then yes 4spd

So USA spec and classis numbers/years don't match the RHD export stuff.

Again my old HS30-00016 was 1970 and if the USA stuff states the first 500 were all 1969...yes for the LHD market...

Hope that helps. And yes there are a number of 71 cars like yours here in NZ early consoles with the coke and hand throttle (aka crude crude control) and later vented rear 1/4s and non vented hatches....

B101

Post by B101 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:15 am

nzeder wrote:
B101 wrote:This is interesting. My 71 said to be first registered in nz in 1971 Dec #1234 is what it says on my car report, has the two throttles in the middle ( choke an throttle ) but does not have the early 240z badge on the rear quarter panel and had a 5spd manual in it.

So I am unsure of what to make of the vehicle. . .
Don't get fooled by USA spec stuff....different market different specs. Very very rare to find a RHD 240z with a 4spd box...3spd auto yes, 5spd yes....4spd...no....if a standard fairlady z then yes 4spd

So USA spec and classis numbers/years don't match the RHD export stuff.

Again my old HS30-00016 was 1970 and if the USA stuff states the first 500 were all 1969...yes for the LHD market...

Hope that helps. And yes there are a number of 71 cars like yours here in NZ early consoles with the coke and hand throttle (aka crude crude control) and later vented rear 1/4s and non vented hatches....
Thanks for that information NZDER that answers a few questions I had lurking in my mind as my rear hatch does not have the vents aswell and was starting to think that my 71 might not be what i thought it was.

There's so much miss leading information out there that it's hard to tell what is fact and what is fiction.

B101

Post by B101 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:02 pm

So just confirmed my chassis # on my 71 by sanding the paint off above the brake booster area. Never took much attention to it since it had been covered when it was re sprayed in 92. Chassis # HS30-01231 so safe to say I'm pretty happy with that find

Storm
Z Club Member

Post by Storm » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:34 pm

Mine has the same exact features. I think the cars from this part of the world had a different set of specs than other parts of the world.