New and looking to buy a 240z 1972-1972

New to the site? Say hello here!
Vownz

New and looking to buy a 240z 1972-1972

Post by Vownz » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Hey Guys,

My name is Varinder and I am new to this site, finally got my account approved. I'm in my early 20's and still don't own a car and looking to buy my first car. Looking for a 240z 1971 or 1972 to buy that is not 100% original as they are pricey. I am looking to fork out $25k for a car that runs with original engine and body. If anyone has one and is willing to sell let me know. Cheers. :D

Karljsw

Post by Karljsw » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:19 pm

Hiya,

Without being rude you probably dont have the budget for a running car at 25k even if its modified (Assuming you are after a rhd 240z).

You may get a 260z for close to that price but unlikely.

But good luck with your search

Cheers
Karl

merlin

Post by merlin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:32 am

You might get one that is LHD for 25K. You would have to save another 5-10k to get anything that would be reliable and have a wof.. In saying that, I know of someone scoring a bargain a few years back for 17k and it is in really good original cond

Vownz

Post by Vownz » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:36 pm

Hello Karl,

No offence taken. Damn, that that's expensive. I missed out on one that sold for $25k on trade me it was red but unsure if it was right or left handed. I see decent to near original condition right hand 240z on trade me so thought if I roughly aim in between there might be some around. Ha must of been dreaming. But I guess keeping a look out, I may get lucky.
Karljsw wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:19 pm Hiya,

Without being rude you probably dont have the budget for a running car at 25k even if its modified (Assuming you are after a rhd 240z).

You may get a 260z for close to that price but unlikely.

But good luck with your search

Cheers
Karl

Vownz

Post by Vownz » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:38 pm

Hello,

That person got it good hahah, may just have to linger around and see if a good opportunity comes up or save upto $35-40k and buy a decent near original car. Thanks for your feedback much appreciated.
merlin wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:32 am You might get one that is LHD for 25K. You would have to save another 5-10k to get anything that would be reliable and have a wof.. In saying that, I know of someone scoring a bargain a few years back for 17k and it is in really good original cond

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:06 pm

Welcome to the forum. Glad we got your login sorted.

240z's so rarely become available now, but you might be lucky. Keep an eye on here, FB and TM. Good luck! Might pay to head along to Caffeine & Classics at Smales Farm, last Sunday of each month too. Sometimes you get the odd one pop up there, that I've not seen before and if you chat to people, you might be able to persuade someone to sell.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.