New to Z cars and new to this site

New to the site? Say hello here!
2retz

New to Z cars and new to this site

Post by 2retz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:10 pm

Hi guys and girls

My name is Duane. Im 40 years old, work in Electrical Wholesaling. Im new here, first post. So hi to you all

I recently (Nov 2018) bought a 1994 Z32 N/A 300zx. I love it. Its a good straight honest car for its age. (i hope)

I joined this site to get advice when needed on how to maintain, tweak and understand the car better, and this seemed like the place to start.

My car has 120,000km on the clock. Its straight, relatively tidy, and I think stock (maybe exhaust has been modified).

As I dont know the service history, is there anything you could recommend I tend to as a priority? I know the cambelt will need to be done soon as it was done at about 60,000kms. am I right in assuming this should be done evry 100,000kms? If you can offer some advise around that, it would be appreciated.

Well I look forward to chatting with you and learning from you in time.

Have a great 2019 guys :-)

Duane
Attachments
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 4976 times

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Welcome and enjoy Zedding. Some of the Z32'ers will be along to comment.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:29 pm

Welcome!

The timing kit is crucial for a 300zx particularity if uncertain of when (age just as crucial as mileage) replaced or extent of work undertaken.
Typically the basic "60k" timing kit service is every 60,000km or 4 years whichever comes first

ConceptZperformance in Arizona USA is where I suggest you peruse and source your parts from (seriously much cheaper than any other known/local source even with GST and international shipping)

This is a link to the full 120k timing kit: (Genuine Nissan is of higher quality than the alternative brand/cheaper offerings)
https://conceptzperformance.com/nissan- ... p_3849.php

Many Z32 300zx owners seem to only just do the bare minimum maintenance on these cars - and more often than not the ramifications will prove dire.
Not renewing the two coolant bypass hoses at the rear of the water pump comes to mind, and is an optune time when doing a full timing kit service and CZP includes these in their timing kits.
https://conceptzperformance.com/nissan- ... p_1000.php

twinturbo.net also seems to prove the cult following remains strong

2retz

Post by 2retz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:06 pm

Wow, thanks so much for the great advise here. I think I'll start a list and slowly prioritise my way through it.
I'm not out to build a rocket ship, but rather a reliable well maintained cruiser.

I'll be around to ask a few questions from time to time.

I look forward to learning more

Cheers

Tony Wood

Post by Tony Wood » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:50 am

FYI, I just bought some Z33 Oil gallery gaskets from Concept Z, ordered Thursday PM, on my desk Tuesday Lunchtime ! $20USD post. Tony