Some one left a z club card on my z so thought i would join

New to the site? Say hello here!
martysauce

Some one left a z club card on my z so thought i would join

Post by martysauce » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:42 pm

hows it going guys i finished work and noticed a z club card sitting on my car so i thought i should join and learn abit more about z cars. i have a 1989 z32 300zx manual twin turbo and i freakin love it it goes great except for the electrical problems but im told its not a z with out electrical problems.

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Odd enough the only "electrical problems" that are somewhat common with the Z32 are the PTU, and CAS (made by Mitsubishi)

If you describe the symtoms I'm happy to try offer a remedy. Likly the problematic electrical component has been superseded and maybe compatible with latter production models

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Great to have another z in the mix. The Chch crew are pretty active these days so keep an eye on the events.
72 240z plus bits

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:30 pm

oh and heres a picture of my z :D
Attachments
my 300.jpg
my 300.jpg (84.83 KiB) Viewed 6090 times

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:47 pm

ZILVER wrote:Odd enough the only "electrical problems" that are somewhat common with the Z32 are the PTU, and CAS (made by Mitsubishi)

If you describe the symtoms I'm happy to try offer a remedy. Likly the problematic electrical component has been superseded and maybe compatible with latter production models
cheers the idle goes al over the place, its at around 600 with ac off and 1000 with it on. it can go up to around 2000 with the lights on and even sumtimes when i hold the brake thanks for any help

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Maybe normal or battery stuffed. Just a guess.
All Nissans are racecars.

Taryon

Post by Taryon » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Very nice looking Z :)

SMZ

Post by SMZ » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:15 am

Zara's old Z, that has a bit of History around the Z circles.

Can't remeber all the issues with it except for the the gear box, Glenn from the Lab in Hamilton did some work on it and did the origional auto to manual conversion before someone else bought it and reckoned he had the gear box fixed.

Dunno about electrical problems with that one.

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:25 am

SMZ wrote:Zara's old Z, that has a bit of History around the Z circles.

Can't remeber all the issues with it except for the the gear box, Glenn from the Lab in Hamilton did some work on it and did the origional auto to manual conversion before someone else bought it and reckoned he had the gear box fixed.

Dunno about electrical problems with that one.
iv had abit of work done to it its had a full rebuild with race berings steal headgaskets and forged pistones, a map ecu and somethings been done to the turbos so they can boost higher

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:34 am

Think that was Kirihi that spotted your Z, as per the Spotted's the other day. Good to see Zara's old Z has stayed around the community. Good luck getting it's little quirks sorted.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

B101

Post by B101 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:15 am

welcome to the forum :)

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:17 am

Ha! Yep, it was me that put the card on your car - glad to see you found it :-) I work in the museum and I was on my way to 2 Hangar when I spotted your car. You guys are doing an awesome job on the new building; we're very excited.

Welcome to the forum. I'm hoping to plan another Z Club cruise in February/March, so keep an eye out in the Events section.

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:00 am

idle goes all over the place
Erratic idle could be a number of issues. If the idle fluctuates without driver input it is called "hunting" or "seeking" and very annoying!.

twinturbo.net has a wealth of info. There tech guide will help diagnose erratic idle.

However, my best guess being: if the previous owner or yourself hasn't tweaked the idle screw in the plenum, and you suspect it to be electrical then it is most likly a failing T.P.S. (Throttle Position Sensor).
The TPS is located on the passenger side throttle body.
Its the part like this:
http://www.conceptzperformance.com/Cart ... 27.252.3.9

Being electrical it's not considered a repairable item / best to get new replacement (Note that years and TT/NA part differ).

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:50 pm

kirihi wrote:Ha! Yep, it was me that put the card on your car - glad to see you found it :-) I work in the museum and I was on my way to 2 Hangar when I spotted your car. You guys are doing an awesome job on the new building; we're very excited.

Welcome to the forum. I'm hoping to plan another Z Club cruise in February/March, so keep an eye out in the Events section.

il do my best to make the cruze and try bring my friend alone he has a 280zx but its a work in progres. yea my dad and i were installing the hanger doors they were a mission

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:54 pm

and thanks ill have a look into the t.p.s thing :D