1971 240Z SAMURI for sale again!

Old classifieds threads worth keeping around
old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

1971 240Z SAMURI for sale again!

Post by old_datto_fan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:07 am

Previous time listed only generated tyre kickers so I’ve downgraded the suspension/brakes in SAMURI so that I can lower the price a bit and am prepared to consider a couple of different sale configurations. Offered first on this forum for a few days before listing on TradeMe.

NZ new, built 1971 and registered 20/1/72 and only had 5 owners in 40 years and based on Carjam info has only travelled around 42,000 miles
Developed as a club race car and successfully raced in Auckland 1988-1998 (approx.) Current spec of the car is very similar to how it was previously raced.

Totally rebuilt since I purchased in March 2008 and maintained regardless of cost since. I lost track (stopped counting!) when the invoices went past the $80K mark.

Could really do with a partial repaint to cover up the paint chips received over several Targa Tours but looks great from a few feet away. Not a show car but designed to be a useable fast road/track car that can suit just about any form of Motorsport or drive to the shops.

Option 1 – current spec including all the 240Z specific spares $46,000

Option 2 – without current engine and it’s ancillaries, gearbox, diff, race seats but with an un-installed L24 engine, standard gearbox, diff and seats and all the 240Z specific spares $35,000

Option 3 - without current engine and it’s ancillaries, gearbox, diff, race seats but with an installed L28 engine (on carbs), standard gearbox, diff and seats and all the 240Z specific spares $39,000

If you have serious interest and the money, ring me on 027 4425 750 to discuss - preferably evenings. May consider other configurations to the above or even a good condition older Z as a partial trade.

Mechanicals
- Nissan L28 block bored to 90mm, 3.2litre, original block work by Reg Cook
- Nissan LD28 crankshaft
- Nissan L14 rods
- Cosworth forged alloy pistons
- Tomei Metal Head Gasket
- Kelford Fast Road Camshaft
- Port, Polish, Big Valve Cylinder Head by The Cylinder Head Shop
- Triple OER 45mm Carbs, K&N Air Filters
- Kakimoto Racing HPC Coated Exhaust
- Pertronix Dual Strike Ignition and High Power Coil, 280ZX Electronic Distributor
- Accusump Oil Accumulator and Oil Cooler
- Alloy Radiator
- Engine Rebuilt January 2009 by Collier Motor Engineers, Levin - new rings, bearings and balanced
- Dynotuned by Roskilda Autos, Palmerston North - 200Hp at rear wheels on a roller Dyno
- Skyline GTR Clutch
- Skyline RB20DET 5 speed Gearbox
- Nissan 300ZX LSD 3.9 Differential

Suspension
- Front Struts with Tokico Adjustable Shocks, Lowered springs
- Front Brakes standard and just fitted with new rotors, rebuilt calipers, new pads, stainless hoses
- Rear King Springs with Koni Adjustable Shocks
- Rear Brakes standard 260Z and just fitted with new cylinders and brake shoes, stainless hoses
- Nolathene Suspension Bushes
- Uprated front and rear sway bars
- Rota RB-R 16 Wheels and Toyo R1R tyres with heaps of tread

Body
- Repainted approx. 2009 and new door skin fitted, no rust that I can find anywhere!
- new chassis rails fitted approx. 2 years ago (old ones were dented)
- Autosport Seats with Full Harness Belts
- Powder coated, bolt in Half Roll Cage by Octane Automotive, Palmerston North
- Headlight covers and guard mirrors
- Brantz 2 Tripmeter
- Trackit Vehicle Tracker
- Headlights using relays
- LED tail lights with new lenses
- Battery cut out switch in centre console
- Baffled fuel tank with main hose replaced last year
- Fully Certified (3 times!)

Spare Parts include bonnet, 4 front guards, grille, new front bumper, spare tail lights, 240Z carbs and air cleaner, L24 motor (unknown condition), rebuilt L24 gearbox, R180 Diff, struts, Koni front shocks, Eibach springs, standard brake parts, front air dam, rare front Nismo spoiler, seats, wiring looms and heaps of other sundry 240/260 parts.

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:29 pm

Is the new toy British........

Trying to persuade my mate he needs the 240.......
72 240z plus bits

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:57 pm

I haven't gone senile yet and highly unlikely any British car will be gracing the garage - what I really mean is that any of the ones I might consider are well out of my price range!

Yes, talk your mate in to it.

My Roadster is also for sale and receiving some serious interest and if that goes then the 240 will probably stay although I will probably return to standard anyway.

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:32 pm

Just saw the Triumph? Lurking in the roaster shots.......guess that was was pre disassembly

I hope it works out for all - I know what I would prefer!
72 240z plus bits

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:24 am

Yep, that was an old photo and the Triumph is owned by a mate of mine - fun car to drive but not me!