SOLD: For Sale RB26D

Old classifieds threads worth keeping around
nzeder
Site Admin

SOLD: For Sale RB26D

Post by nzeder » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:28 pm

I have decided to install my original L26 into the road car and not do the RB conversion so I have the following for sale.

1 x RB26 hybrid engine made by top secret in Japan. Has HKS adjustable cam gears lighten internals/assumed balanced also. RB25 block, stainless steel headers (a few sets will get pics later on and explain in more details).

Engine was set up for a skyline originally but I remove front sump and pickup and installed a NEW z31 RB rear sump and pickup. Standard ITB were removed from the RB26 intake and adapter/spacer plates made up to mount carbs (done so all this can be returned to stock itb setup if someone wants too - however stock rb26 fuel rail is missing)

Has puck clutch that came with the engine. Missing loom and ecu as I was going to run on carbs and use a crank trigger wasted spark setup for timing (could sell this if required but the unit is not cheap stuff but good electormotive xdi kit)

Engine has modifed castle main rod shop engine mounts to take a captive jeep engine mount and will bolt on to 240z/260z/280zx cross members.

I also have RB26 tomei metal head set, arp head bolts, arp main bolts, RB26 N1 water pump and oild pump all new in boxes. I have an oil pump drive collar and head drain dash fitting all new never fitted.

Looking for around $2500 to $3000 depending on extras taken but everything is a negotiations ;) $2000 is the going rate for RB26 heads and $500 for the itb setup off a RB26 head so you get bottom end and rear sump and other parts for the cost of these two items.

I will get some picks up later.

I also have a genuine Autech RB26DE stainless steel header that if not negotiate in with the engine that I will sell after then has moved on.

PM if interested.
regards
Mike
Last edited by nzeder on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

djz

Post by djz » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:13 pm

What is the actual displacement and do you know what the compression ratio is? I'm definitely interested in the Autech headers.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:15 pm

I have not taken the head off to measure the bore size. But when I had the sump off to install the rear sump the pistons did look new from the bottom. The engine was built as NA so CR should be around 10:1 at a guess I will have to get a compression tester to confirm.

I don't want to sell the Autech headers until after this sells as if it does not sell I will want them to use on this engine not the modified fujistubo items it came with.

Re the displacement it is RB26 inside from what I recall ie RB26 crank aand rods with custom pistons.

merlin

Post by merlin » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:57 pm

VERY TEMPTING MIKE!! I just need to justify it.

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:41 pm

You definately need that Brian. :D
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:00 pm

No he doesn't I need it.........plus another 240 to put it into.........!
72 240z plus bits

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:20 pm

nustad wrote:No he doesn't I need it.........plus another 240 to put it into.........!
well there is one on trademe currently selling for 12k it will give you a spare L6 engine and 240z carbs for the other one. Go on you know you want too.

merlin

Post by merlin » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:23 pm

us2 wrote:You definately need that Brian. :D
Oh I know I "NEED" it alright.. It would look very nice in my engine bay but I have no room to store my L6 engine. Maybe I need to buy a house with 5 car garaging (min) and all my problems would be solved until I come to getting the cert and then I would have to contest with the bureaucratic LTSA/cert Nazis. Its on-going

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:05 am

Sold