WTB - 2 Seater Z

Old classifieds threads worth keeping around
Moddy
Z Club Member

WTB - 2 Seater Z

Post by Moddy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Hey guys, im looking to pay the right price for a 2 seater Z. Only interested in S30 or S130 shape, 240Z 260Z 280Z or 280ZX. If you've got a 2 seater in any condition and you'd like some money for it please let me know and we can talk about what you've got and what you want for it. Id prefer more of a project than a finished piece but at this point im just keen to see whats available. Been looking on Trademe for a long time now and havent seen anything in a while. Im gutted i missed out on the 240Z that was on there for $11k several months ago. Sooooo disappointed haha. Anyways, lemme know. Cheers lads.

Moddy
***** Drive it like you stole it *****

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:36 am

If you really want a S130z 2 seater you might have to consider importing one from Japan they can still be found over there....finding one here is becoming harder and harder...

These guys sell what looks to be very good condition classic cars see

http://www.fujicars.jp/search.php?view= ... t=publish2

Not cheap - but if they are in good rust free shape could save a lot of $$ on resto work.

PS. Also not sure if Rob ever sold my old 280zx Targa top that he restored and got running with L28T (it was body shell when I purchased it and when I sold it to Rob - Rob240z is his username on here send him a PM never know)

PPS. Where in NZ are you located?
76 RS30 260z
70 Mini Cooper S (replica)
Previous
73 RS30 260z track
70 HS30-00016 240z
72 HS30 240z 2.8 track
71 HS30 240z 3.2 road/track
79 HS130 280zx
82 HS130 280zx T top
2x 73 KP710 160JSSS
74 KB210 120Y Coupe
71 510 1600 Deluxe

Moddy
Z Club Member

Post by Moddy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:42 pm

Thanks for that, id been having a look on Yahoo auctions but theres nothing really on there i could afford. All pretty mint looking 240's and such. I have thought about the likelyhood of having to import but i wanted to exhaust all options first.

I live in Palmerston North but travel to Wellington relatively frequently. Work sends me to bloody Waiouru all the time too lol.

Cheers,
Moddy

Moddy
Z Club Member

Post by Moddy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Bump - Still hunting lads ;) Come on, offer me those rusty shells you have behind your garage or that half built project you've stalled on :D

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:59 pm

You missed a LHD 240 fresh from USA a few months back Moddy. It would probably would have suited you, and was a reasonable price. From memory $7000 . Keep your eyes open.
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

Moddy
Z Club Member

Post by Moddy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:43 pm

What?! Really!??! Ive been watching trademe like a hawk for at least the last 4 months. At LEAST!! Damn. Thats EXACTLY what im looking for! Well, RHD would be better but i dont really care to be honest haha. Im hanging out man. Having an empty garage and an empty driveway is really starting to bother me. Its not normal. Ive never had no cars before. Well ive got the family wagon but that doesnt count :P

DeeCee

Post by DeeCee » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:11 am

There is the barn find S30 sitting in Canterbury. I enquired about it 3 weeks ago and to my knowledge it is still available.
Its further down in the classifieds but I can't link to it as I don't have 5 posts yet

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:19 am

That will be this one...I did ask the poster for more info in a PM but they have not signed back on or checked their PM

http://zclub.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=3657

States $6.5K for the rust and painting quotes + whatever else needs doing + purchase price + parts that need replacing/restoring etc.
Last edited by nzeder on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moddy
Z Club Member

Post by Moddy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:20 am

Oh i know the one you mean. Yea i sent him a PM several weeks ago but got no reply. Ive just resent a reply to him and ill see what i get back.

DeeCee

Post by DeeCee » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Mark has been out of the country. I have all the photos but will not post unless given permission by Mark.

I was debating on taking it on, but I'm not willing to take on another large project just yet.
There is a lot of scope to go wild since the car needs a lot of work to get back to road worthiness but IMO, there is a good $10k in rust, paint and replacement bits to get back on the road.
Note - this is my evaluation of costs with me not doing metal and not doing paint.

I'll leave you to thinking about the potential ;)

Moddy
Z Club Member

Post by Moddy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Did he give you any indication on what sort of money hes after for it? Ive sent him another pm but i dont want to waste his time if he's after dollars im not able to pay know what i mean?

DeeCee

Post by DeeCee » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:29 pm

No indication of price. I was going to wait until he got back into the country first (i think at the end of the month)

Email is your friend as he is answering emails from overseas

Moddy
Z Club Member

Post by Moddy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Got one!! Yusss :) happy man right here :) thanks for the help lads. Im sure you'll hear more from this callsign ;)

Admin- Please close this thread. Thanks.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:56 pm

So I take it you and Chris sorted a deal on the blue car then? Let me know and I can move/lock both threads.

Moddy
Z Club Member

Post by Moddy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Yup, sure did. Pretty stoked too. It looks to be in incredible condition especially for the price. Just some relatively minor rust repairs and small bits and pieces. Cheers.