SAMURI is for sale

Old classifieds threads worth keeping around
old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

SAMURI is for sale

Post by old_datto_fan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Yes, unfortunately to fund some business expansion and to get another restoration under way, I have reluctantly decided to offer SAMURI for sale.

Before I put an ad on TradeMe I have decided to offer on here so that she goes to a Z home.

1971 (registered 1972) 240Z.
3.2 stroker motor with worked head, modified cam, forged pistons, L14 rods, LD28 crank, new OER carbs, HPC coated Kakimoto Racing exhaust, Accusump oiler, oil cooler, Pertronix Second Strike ignition.
Engine fully rebuilt with new rings, bearings, crank balance, ARP bolts, oil pump, timing gear, competition gasket etc etc a year ago and done about 5000km since.
Skyline GTR 3 puk clutch and pressure plate on standard flywheel so could make more power with lighter flywheel.
Standard but recently rebuilt gearbox, 3.9 LSD. Tokico 5 way adjustable shocks and Eibach springs, urethane bushes, front and rear sway bars.
New Rota RBR 16x8 rims with Toyo Proxes R888 tyres
Repainted late 2008 in Commodore Red
Commodore VT rotors and callipers in the front, 240SX discs in the rear. 15/16 master cylinder. Stainless brake hoses. All original brakes supplied too.
Recently fully certified.
Race seats and the list goes on.
Heaps of other new trim parts, carpet, wheel bearings etc etc fitted over the last year.
This is not your average daily driver but is built to be a great track day car and has been fantastic on the Targa Tour.
Never over revved as Second Strike set to 6400 cut out and by then it is going more than fast enough to frighten me!
Race history going back to the late 80s and I'm only the 5th owner.
Based on the last 3 years Taupo Track Days, SAMURI is the fastest street driven 240Z and this year was only beaten by 4 dedicated track cars.
I still have the original head and extractors that were fitted when the car was first built and will supply if the price is right.

I have spent well over $30,000 on top of what I paid for the car so will start haggling somewhere over $30,000 depending on what bits are included.
PM me if you have any interest.

Pilot.P
Z Club Member

Post by Pilot.P » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Good luck with the sale Mike! SAMURI is beautiful.