240Z 260Z parts

Old classifieds threads worth keeping around
old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:32 am

James, I'll show it to Andy at the weekend and if he doesn't want it then it's yours.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:44 am

I would say first in with the cash is the owner I wont book it Mike, if you have a sale already I won't punch you too hard.

240znz

Post by 240znz » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Best send me a pic of it first. I currently don't have a filter box sorted for my 44PHH's. But it will be a while yet before I get it all back together so if it's gone, no worries. Early bird and all that.

Cheers

James
Zed NOT Zee

12/70 HS30-00352
1973 240Z rust car

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:46 pm

Picture on the previous page. PM me your email address and I can send some more.

Looks like first in with an offer gets it!

Stumpy

Post by Stumpy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Hey.

I have a 240z shell that has had the front cross member cut out of it if someone is interested in it, instead of Mike having to cut up a good shell for replacement panels. The shell I have has newish rear quarter patch panels.

Chris

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Nearly finished reorganising the 40' container and found some more bits and pieces that need to find a new home so that I can make enough room to move more stuff out one of the lockups:

1. Pair of new DBA 545 vented rotors modified to fit Datsun 240Z or 260Z using Toyota S-12W or S12+8 wide brake caliper. Originally off Mazda MX5 1.8L Titannium / SP Turbo for 8/03 thru 5/05 or Mazda MX5 Roadstar 5/05 onwards. 270mm diameter, 46mm height. Redrilled to match standard 240Z rotor bolt pattern and centre hole.

2. Brand new 240Z 7/8 Master cylinder

3. Pair of Toyota S12+8 calipers for non-vented rotors - will need an overhaul.

4. Oil Cooler and installation kit

5. Pair of new 280ZX rear Rotors

6. Set of new Eibach progressive springs suit 260Z. These lowering springs are wound so that the spring rate increases as more demands are placed on the suspension, thus achieving good ride quality under normal driving conditions, but stiffening when you're cornering quickly. Will lower car approximately 1" from stock ride height. Made from the highest grade automotive spring steel.

7. Brake booster with 1" Nissan Patrol master cylinder - just checked over by Auto Brake and Clutch in Wellington

8. Spring spacers - polyurethane - (ramped coil spring isolator set) great for when your springs are not captured. Set for 4 springs. 1 new set , 1 used (but as new) set

9. Original 240Z twin carbs (round top) on manifold and with air cleaner and filter

10. GM transmission Mount to work with a Ron Tyler design diff mount (Google 240Z Ron Tyler Diff if you don't know what one of these is). 1 new , 1 new but modified as per mounting instructions

11. Set of 14" Watanabe wheels, 2 with tyres and with spacers so they fit 240Z

12. 2 other sets of 14" mag wheels, one has tyres and I think are 3 piece lightweight but will get photos this weekend, other set I think are Work Equips but rims only. Also 2 16" Superlite rims suitable as spares as the outer lips are a bit munted - still very useable though.

13. 240Z front crossmember

14. 240Z seats - brown.

15. BRE Style Air Dam, Ducted Fiberglass - needs repair as a chunk is missing out of the middle - easy fix if you know what you are doing though.

16. 240Z and 260Z rear hatches - various quality. One is an early 240Z hatch with vent holes.

17. G Nose front - mostly all there but will need the panel that goes between the bonnet and the bumper fabricated - not hard to do.

18. 2 280ZX fuel injection inlet manifolds complete

19. And I have a collection of L24,L26 and L28 engines, gearboxes and diffs if anyone needs anything.

Open to offers on any of the above before I list on TradeMe in the next few days. PM me if you are interested.

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Mike. How much for the 280zx rear rotors?

Murray
My restoration will be finished in time for the next meet. Really. No, REALLY. Maybe......

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi Murray,

They owe me approx $90 but I am keen to move them on so how about $70.

Mike

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:45 pm

done. I can get them off you next weekend?
My restoration will be finished in time for the next meet. Really. No, REALLY. Maybe......

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:24 pm

Sure can, you can collect after Southwards or I can bring them to Wellington with me.

ZYX

Post by ZYX » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:22 am

After southwards would be fine. Do you happen to have fronts as well? I'm also looking for an old style 280zx front bumper (the one without overriders), and a gearshift lever. Also, I still owe you for whichever flywheel I use.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:50 am

Can't help with the front rotors or bumper but do have a selection of gearlevers. You need to work out how much bend the gearlever needs - in the 240Z it needs quite a dogleg as otherwise your hand ends up hitting the dash.

classicdat

Post by classicdat » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:33 pm

What have you got in the way of an L26? I'm interested in one, but not sure if it would be worth freighting to Ch-Ch.
Even a block would be fine. Do you have the starter and 5 speed listed on TMe?
Vaughan

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:50 am

The only L26 block I have is brand new (along with crank, rods and pistons) and I really want to keep that for my other 240 unless someone wants to make me an offer I just can't refuse. I may have a complete motor but need to move a few things to get at it to check and that is not likely to happen for a couple of weeks. I have got a couple of L28s though.

And not me on TradeMe with the starter and 5 speed - that is Flauski who sometimes posts on this forum.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:58 am

Just remembered that there is a complete L26 motor in the collection as there was one in a 260Z that I wrecked. Not sure of it's condition though. $100 plus freight if you want it.