4 sale import 87 z31 2 seater 80k km rb20 turbo 5 speed

Old classifieds threads worth keeping around
4SFEDZ31S

4 sale import 87 z31 2 seater 80k km rb20 turbo 5 speed

Post by 4SFEDZ31S » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:31 pm

Would somebody in be interested in a 87 Fairlady Z31 2 seater 80,000km has the RB20 engine with turbo. 5 sp silver 18" alloys Mint cond. Car is in Japan and will be imported in January

email. bruce.fowler@xtra.co.nz

83fairlady

Post by 83fairlady » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:20 pm

isnt it illegal now to import any jap cars that are older than like 7 years? that came into place last year
1987 z31 t-top NA - now turbo

4SFEDZ31S

Post by 4SFEDZ31S » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:49 pm

Not my car I don’t know the details I was emailed today through my trademe listings.

If anyone wants to find out more I would say best email him

bruce.f (trademe user name)

Bruce 027 2209000

bruce.fowler@xtra.co.nz

mike260z

Post by mike260z » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:39 am

Well there are the frontal impact laws - which means no pre 1996 Japanese imports can be brought in and made road legal ( cheers aunty Helen ) But i am sure you can still bring them in as parts or race cars you just cant make them road legal. Surely there must be a loophole if a car is over 25 years old?
74 260z 2+2

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:54 am

mike260z wrote:Well there are the frontal impact laws - which means no pre 1996 Japanese imports can be brought in and made road legal ( cheers aunty Helen ) But i am sure you can still bring them in as parts or race cars you just cant make them road legal. Surely there must be a loophole if a car is over 25 years old?
I we can live in hope so when I win Lotto I can import a genuine Fairlady Z432.

mike260z

Post by mike260z » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:24 am

nzeder wrote:
mike260z wrote:Well there are the frontal impact laws - which means no pre 1996 Japanese imports can be brought in and made road legal ( cheers aunty Helen ) But i am sure you can still bring them in as parts or race cars you just cant make them road legal. Surely there must be a loophole if a car is over 25 years old?
I we can live in hope so when I win Lotto I can import a genuine Fairlady Z432.
Now there is a dream car 8) But there must be an age where cars are let in again - look at all the Corvettes and other American iron that has be turning up on Trademe lately.
74 260z 2+2

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:46 am

It is all good. This from the Infosheet on the LTSA Website. I have highlighted the bit in question in Red and Bold.
Section 2: Importing passenger cars (Class MA) from Japan
Class Description
MA (passenger car) A passenger vehicle (other than a Class MB or Class MC vehicle) that has not more than nine seating positions (including the driver's seating position).
Note: A passenger vehicle is a motor vehicle that is constructed primarily for the carriage of passengers, and either has at least four wheels, or has three wheels and a gross vehicle mass exceeding one tonne.

A Class MA vehicle is defined as a passenger vehicle (other than a Class MB or Class MC vehicle) that has not more than nine seating positions (including the driver's seating position).

Be aware that your vehicle must meet the exhaust emissions requirements set out in infosheet 2.08.

If your vehicle meets the requirements in infosheet 2.08, you can continue with the following process.

There are three flowcharts for Class MA vehicles. If the Class MA vehicle you want to import is more than 20 years old (based on the date of first registration anywhere), go straight to the ownership flowchart. Otherwise, work through the flowcharts in this order:

1. Frontal impact flowchart
2. Other standards flowchart
3. Ownership flowchart.

You will need to read the supporting notes for each flowchart you use.

If you wish to import a motor vehicle to New Zealand, you may wish to check if it qualifies as an immigrant’s vehicle (of Class MA, MB or MC) or a ‘special interest vehicle’, in which case you may find it does not have to meet a frontal impact standard. The Fuel Consumption Information Rule also does not apply to these vehicles. Details are provided in Factsheet 44a and Factsheet 44b.
Before you ask about infosheet 2.08 for exhaust emissions - if the car is manufactured before 1 Jan 1990 or it is for Motorsport use only then the emission rule/standard does not apply.