OER 47mm Carbs

Old classifieds threads worth keeping around
old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

OER 47mm Carbs

Post by old_datto_fan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:14 pm

I have just listed 3 auctions for my 47mm OER carbs on TradeMe. Carbs are damaged but for someone with access to the right equipment not too hard to repair. Have listed seperately in case someone only wants one or two so be quick if you are interested and want all 3.

See http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =237175680

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:09 pm

Bugga, what a mess. They sound unreal to be better than other top brands. What would you actually do to repair. Is it welding and redrilling,then retap theads for screw.
All Nissans are racecars.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:43 pm

No, I think the plan was to drill a hole right through, tap that and put in a plug, drill and tap a new hole in the plug, machine the plug to suit the bore of the carb and then drill a new hole in to the side of the plug to get the fuel in there. Or something like that, the sort of stuff I leave to someone who knows what they are doing.

Trouble is they have been sitting there waiting for my machine shop to do it and I keep getting put to the back of the queue so I decided to see if I could sell them in their current state as I was going to sell them once they were fixed anyway.