Mini Club - Annual Night Trial - Saturday 21 June 2008

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
Z Club
Committee Member

Mini Club - Annual Night Trial - Saturday 21 June 2008

Post by Z Club » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:23 pm

When: Saturday 21 June 2008
Time: 5.00pm (be there before 5pm for a 5.15pm start)
Where: BP Service Centre Drury (where we normally meet)
What: Annual Night Trial
What to bring: Pen, clipboard, a navigator, your thinking cap, money for dinner at the finish.

Mini Club Trials are always fun and a challenge, so don't miss out.
Last edited by Z Club on Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun May 04, 2008 3:58 pm

Keen as a bean for the night trial!! Can't wait. All being well will definitely be there.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:40 pm

Com'n anyone else?? You don't want to miss out on the Night Trial!!! Way too much fun!!!

No, cemetaries, in the pouring rain, and the dark this year, you see Minimad. :lol: :lol: :P

minimad

Post by minimad » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:19 pm

I have picked some of the most scenic roads in Franklin for this years event, pity it will be so dark that you will not see it!!!It is lucky that these are also some of the best driving roads also!!!!!!! I feel sorry for the navigator, paper bags might be a good option!!!!!!!!!! This is a good one, come along and have some fun.

240z
Z Club Member

Post by 240z » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:17 pm

looking forward to it.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:23 pm

Now this amused me, this was a reminder to the Mini Club guys about tomorrow nights, Annual Night Trial.

"Good Morning All,
Saturday night sees the annual running of the 'World Famous in Auckland' MCCoA Night Trial. I tried to have this event included on the AA's list of '101 Must Do's' for Kiwis, but it came in at No 102! It was still the highest place event of its type and is definitely in the top 5 of the MCCoA 'Must Do's! It starts a little earlier than normal, so please meet at the BP Services, Papakura at 5:15 for a 5:30pm start. I've heard a whisper that the course instructions have been 'simplified' this year. I'm off to get the dictionary to find out if the official definition of simplified is the same as Gary's! TTFN"

How does the Tui Ad go, "yeah right"!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :P :P

Pest

Post by Pest » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:05 pm

The pestmobile achieved 5th, not bad given the turnout which was great as always with Mini club events. Almost 3 hours hard core driving around some wicked roads. Excellent fun!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:55 am

Awesome turnout!! Not as many Zeddies this year though. :( :P I think fun roads would be an understatement, certainly kept you on your toes at all times. :twisted: And those multipule burnoffs on one of the farms, now I'm sure Minimad had that pre-arranged with the farmer. :lol: :P Think one of my headlights is about to blow, makes it a bit more challenging, trying not to outdrive that dim headlight. :lol:

Such a pity one of the Mini's had an electrical fire, but at least not too far for the AA truck to come pick them up.

Once again Minimad and Catherine have outdone themselves organising the Night Trial!!! Well done you two!!! :D 8) :D

minimad

Post by minimad » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:33 am

Thanks for the comments guys. Planning for 2009 has already started!!!!!!!!

If you cannot wait that long for your next fix, try my economy run on Sunday December 7.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:55 pm

minimad wrote:If you cannot wait that long for your next fix, try my economy run on Sunday December 7.
:lol: :lol: Already had the Economy Trial in my diary. :D

Oh, by the way, thank you for organising the suitable lack of rain last night. :lol: Unlike last year. :lol:

minimad

Post by minimad » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:47 pm

Trip report posted on mini club website

Z Club
Committee Member

Post by Z Club » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:27 am

Trial results as follows:

1 Gavin & Terresa Agnew Mini
2 Kelvin Healy & John Patterson Z
3 Leigh Shaw & Brad Hall Mini
4 Allan & Shelagh Murie Mini
5 Luke & Rachel Pascoe Z