Scope Classic at Ruapuna Powerbuilt Raceway

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
240znz

Scope Classic at Ruapuna Powerbuilt Raceway

Post by 240znz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:52 am

Yesterday saw qualifying and general class racing in preparation for todays full on days racing. Some very interesting cars from a 1934 Austin 7 Special to 1968 McLaren M6B (which started last in the Can-Am race, passed everyone then coasted back through to 3rd just to do it all again).

Four 240z's are competing. Ross McRobie (CHCH), Lloyd Procter (CHCH), Hugh Jolliffe (Kaiapoi) and Russell Cunningham (Invercargill). Very close racing between all 240's with Ross looking to have a slight advantage (no stopwatch). Lloyd has his classified as a 69 (not sure for which reason) when it is clearly a 71.

Off again for todays racing, yesterday was overcast but today it looks like a blue skied scorcher. We should be in for some good racing. Pics to follow.

Datsun Owners Club of New Zealand in attendance to wave the flag.
Zed NOT Zee

12/70 HS30-00352
1973 240Z rust car

Rosco

Post by Rosco » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:50 am

Z went fantastically well, got my fastest time yesterday behind the Cunningham car....my time was 1.41.5 so very pleased with that...no doubt with more experience and maybe a tad more balls.....I will do in the 40's...great day and thanks to the Z members who say hi.
Regards
Rosco.
Attachments
Z Race car front right.JPG
Z Race car front right.JPG (144.56 KiB) Viewed 723 times

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:19 pm

Rosco, your Zed is looking awesome. Paint came out very well. Lots of cheers from the North Is. Zed crew. :wink: How did you go today? Are any of the other South Is. 240z guys that were racing joining the club? :D
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Rosco

Post by Rosco » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:20 am

Bronzee
Well had another good day really but not better times that Saturday...took off a tad early and got a drive through penalty, only to get another one for speeding in the drive through...was doing 54km rather than 40km.never mind...its the first I have ever had and I apologised of course.................
A great day and few more Z guys came and said hello.......will ask them next weekend in Timaru.....me and my crew member looked rather nice in the Z shirts and caps.
Kindest regards and again thansk to everyone who came and had a chat
Rosco