Christchurch Track Day. 20th June 2015

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
ChrisP

Christchurch Track Day. 20th June 2015

Post by ChrisP » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:48 pm

http://blairthorpe.wix.com/trackdays

This is 5 months away but the spots fill up quick. Only 40 spots total. Have already signed up so 8)
Missed out on the 3rd March trackday and am gutted but will take the Z out anyway to see if i comply to regualtions regarding overalls,helmet, extinguisher and to see how event is run.

Will bump this in forums from time to time as a reminder to anyone who is keen.

edited for link. forgot to put this in :oops:
Last edited by ChrisP on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:32 pm

It would be really awesome to see a bunch of Zeds at a track day in the South Island, help get things humming along down there.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:14 am

bump :)

gammy

Post by gammy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:58 pm

Would like to, but I've broken mine and I'm not sure how long it'll stay like that.

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:40 pm

this event isnt untill June. heaps of time. and its a bonus being on a Saturday

gman40

Post by gman40 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:38 pm

you need to put this on the nzdatsun forum.

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:26 pm

bump. realised i forgot to put in the link for where to sign up.

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:20 pm

gman40 wrote:you need to put this on the nzdatsun forum.
not a member there. feel free to chuck it up on their forums.

went out on 3rd march to see what its like. 2 other 350s. only 1 on the track but he was flying. cant wait to get out there.

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:32 am

I'm told only 15-20 spots left.
Sounds like some guys from Nelson with Ferraris and Mercs are coming down as well. they asked for 20 spots but got limited to 15 atm.
If your keen get in before spots run out.

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:50 pm

June Event is now full.

the track-days have Mag n Turbo as sponsors. offering $25 for a wheel alignment and $75 for a track day alignment.
would it be worth getting a track day alignment? again im an absolute beginner at track-days so will take any and all advice :)

gman40

Post by gman40 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 pm

Just go and have fun. A track setup is for the track not the road.If you want to go out before the track day give me a yell and I can take you around and you can see how you and your car goes.

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:29 am

im keen to take you up on your offer. pm sent.

chrismx5

Post by chrismx5 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:44 am

God - I would love to go back down for this.

Ruapuna is a lovely track!
So much fun weather it is wet or dry!
350z
Miata
E30
Primera
Silvia
A6..
I change my cars more than I change my clothes.

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:16 pm

[video width=500 height=450]https://player.vimeo.com/video/123598136[/video]

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:09 pm

just completed my first ever track day
best 100 bucks i have ever spent. didn't take any photos or video but when christchurch trackdays uploads todays video i will post it here. i was having to much fun to take any myself :)

was all nervous going out there but after scrutineering and being early so i got my own pit garage :) all the nerves left until it was track time.
we went out in 4 groups of 10-12 for 10 minute intervals with staggered starts from pit lane. no overtaking on corners or under brakes and this was agreed by about 15 of us new guys to be a very good idea. did not want to rub guards and the event organisers try to discourage racing between drivers but understand that it does happen and if its clean they enjoy it as much as the drivers.
there was a TVR with a beginner driver like me and a corvette doing 150 kph and the wheels still spinning when he changes up a gear. much power. was a white 350z out there and he was very helpful with advice and encourage me to use chronotrack app which tracks your laps and sector times. very handy but i couldn't get it working at the track. got it going now but my chair ain't that fast around the lounge to set any competitive times.

the track layout was the full gp circuit minus the dipper and my best lap was a 1:48 which i was told was good for a newbie so am happy with that. a brand new, never been tracked race porsche went out during the lunch break and was setting 1.20 times. was an impressive piece of machinery and its only being bedded in.
as my laps improved the speed limiter was kicking in 3/4 the way down the front straight so thats gona have to go before the next event. will be getting much better tyres as well but the cheap ones i have at the moment did a good job. used about 1/2 tank of gas for around 110 km of hard driving but i may have reset the trip meter at the wrong time.

Overall the car handled fantastic, the driver learned he now has a track addiction, the people on the track and in the pits were friendly and helpful and the event organisers did a fantastic job. I highly recommend any of you thinking about doing a track day to get your arse out there and do it. Hands down best money i have ever spent.

Will see ya on the 24th July for the next event :twisted: