southern festival of speed!!!! 24 & 25 february, dunedin

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
greeevas

southern festival of speed!!!! 24 & 25 february, dunedin

Post by greeevas » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:11 pm

The festival of speed is coming up very soon and has had a good display of datsuns in past years and they are expecting record numbers this year. It is held around the Dunedin Oval which the cars do the classic racing around. Inside the track are food stalls and car displays from many different clubs and racing fraternities,IE;go cart clubs , motorcycle clubs , 40 or so datsuns last year with 2 z cars in attendance, all in all a awesome weekend of classic racing cars, from all corners of the globe, any of the northern zed fraternity keen for a road trip would be warmly welcomed in sunny Dunedin, see ya there
81zx 2+2 (28T ZX)
79zx 2+2

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:15 pm

Sounds like a great event/display my car will not be ready this year but maybe next year I will make the drive :)

geordieggg

Post by geordieggg » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:49 pm

Mike, you can probably confirm with Glen over at the "other" site, but I'm sure he and everyone else wouldn't mind if Datsun owners from here jumped into the display. I know my car will be there this year.........

Greevas, if you're in the area (or will be) and want more details of the display, or even to join in, give me a yell, I'll get some details for you.

240znz

Post by 240znz » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:25 pm

Yes Greevas, it was a great event last year and this year it will be evening bigger for sure. The Friday night "table dancing" by one of the Christchurch members is legendary (well, almost). The Winton 1600 crowd put the rest of the country to shame.

Nelson had his Nissan Fairlady240z (HS30-H) there and also his rebuilt sub 1000 VIN'd yellow 240z. Garrad had his 73 240z there and a 260 2+2 also turned up. Nelson will have his ex works RS240 there as well but it maybe in the street race event. Nelson also has imported another rare 240z that could be of interest to many here. But that is another story that Nelson can tell. Must give him a call and get him on here.

Any Datsun is welcomed with open arms. Just rock on up.

There was a Nelson based 240z that was in the Saturday hillclimb as well the street race on the Sunday last year. He maybe there this year.

I am on a self imposed exile from the event until I have my car back on the road, so like Mike, I should be there next year to add to the zed collection on show.
Zed NOT Zee

12/70 HS30-00352
1973 240Z rust car

85_z31

Post by 85_z31 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:56 pm

I am in CHCH and i would be keen to meet up with a few other guys if you were heading down there,
Next year i hope to be the only Z31 owner/driver At many diffierent car shows around the country
1985 Z31 Slicktop Turbo

geordieggg

Post by geordieggg » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:07 pm

Hey greeevas, I just noticed you're in Dunedin, have you got plans for Sunday? If not, are you interested in coming for a run around Teretonga?

Click here for details or PM me and I can give you the run-down.