The Cannon Ball Run $1000 worth of first prize

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
Gator

The Cannon Ball Run $1000 worth of first prize

Post by Gator » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:49 pm

WWW.Aucklandmotorsport.co.nz are running the first annual
Cannon Ball Run 2010

Date: January the 9th 2010
Time: 7.30am
Where: The Albany (Tavern in albany)
Cost: $65

Thanks to
Sound Q

First prize is a $1000 Kicker , Alpine car audio package

with over $2000 worth of prizes up for grabs on the day.

Enter Here

Gator

Post by Gator » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:06 am

Prize page is up guys get a feel for the fun side of the event. Check out the peter jackson award budding movie producers show your self.

Prize Page

Less than 1 month to sign up.

Thanks Gator@Aucklandmotorsport.co.nz

Gator

Post by Gator » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:43 am

Limited to 100 cars

only 30 spots left

Pest

Post by Pest » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:17 am

I've signed up :D Will be rocking the road in my yellow beastie!!

Gator

Post by Gator » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:47 am

Entries Close 25th December

Gator

Post by Gator » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:40 am

only one Z club entry less than a week to enter. Come on people don't miss out

Gator

Post by Gator » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:44 am

Thanks to All that attended it was such a success. New Zealand Performance car were there so look out for the 3 page spread in the next issue.

I didn't talk to one person that didn't enjoy their day. What a cool bunch of people we had 4000 photo's handed in and our photographer took another 400 NZPC took away 4 Gigs of photo's.

600+ K's thousands of dollars worth of fuel 400 sosages 300 drinks and a Happy Auckland motorsport crew

We will be selling photo's ones through the web site as soon as we get them loaded up.

Don't forget prizes still to come Best Doco & Video segment due monday 18th jan.
And The Big Baller award will be decided by then too.

Next year will be 2 days bigger and better looking forward to it.

See you all at the 4& rota Nats

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:48 am

How did the run go Pest? Up and down dale?

I'd forgotten about this event, otherwise would have popped down to the start for a nosey.

Gator

Post by Gator » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:03 am

The CannonBall Results are in check it out

WWW.Aucklandmototsport.co.nz

Pest

Post by Pest » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:03 pm

A couple of people have asked me how this went. The answer is, Awesome :lol:

My wife and I had loads of fun. 117 cars started at The Albany, in Albany, at the buttcrack of dawn. We headed first to Hampton downs, then across the island to Tauranga, then to Rotorua, back up to Paeroa, a pitstop at Bombay and finally back to Albany. All up around 700km with activities and challenges along the way.

The weather was fantastic, the traffic not too bad (although there were a few, there're always a few :evil: ) and the people were awesome.

We had dinner at the pub at the end with a bunch of guys, 2 of which were the eventual winners in a replica 32 ford coupe; "Camel Towing, when you're in a tight space call 0800 BIG LIPS".

I recommend it for next year, although I hope they keep it as a 1 day event.
Attachments
We were the first to try a bribe :D
We were the first to try a bribe :D
DSC09876.JPG (224.31 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
Driver briefing
Driver briefing
DSC08491.JPG (244.47 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
All stickered up and ready to go!
All stickered up and ready to go!
DSC08459.JPG (274.38 KiB) Viewed 2067 times

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:34 pm

That sounds like a fantastic day out. I was keen, but sometimes things just don't fall into place. Next year though. :twisted:

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:26 pm

Awsome!!! If its still a one day event,count us in.

Gator

Post by Gator » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:44 am

interested to hear why you'd like it to remain a one day event most people I have talked to would like more time to be with the group and would like to have a chance to relax a bit. making it a 2 day event is the only way I can see this happening.

also

Check out our only peter jackson award entry

YouTube - Cannonball Run New Zealand Edition

Pest

Post by Pest » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:37 am

Lol, Awesome GO THE DATSUNS! And the choice of the Lexus as best Japanese car was epic lame, it was bog standard AND A LEXUS, that's double fail. Although to be fair the chicks in it dressed as schoolgirls were Mighty Hot.

Regards the 2 day thing, it's mostly cost. As it was it took me 2 full tanks of 98, that's about $200. A 2 day event would probably at least double that and add accommodation as well. That's starting to get pretty pricey.

If your goal is to get people more time together, I'd recommend more stops where you actually get out of the car (even if only briefly), more back roads between stops (Hampton downs to Tauranga was a great leg, Tauranga to Rotorua on the main road was MISERABLE) and at lunch, try to time it so that for some period of time EVERYONE is there, rather than a rolling logjam of only part of the field. Also, find a bigger carpark.

Don't take any of that as criticism, it all worked out really remarkably well and I had a great time, I'm just throwing in a couple of suggestions.

Gator

Post by Gator » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:51 am

pest wrote:Lol, Awesome GO THE DATSUNS! And the choice of the Lexus as best Japanese car was epic lame, it was bog standard AND A LEXUS, that's double fail.
agreed in retrospect they probably wouldn't have won it we were so stressed running the event we didn't have time to appriciate the cars as much as we would have liked.
pest wrote:Regards the 2 day thing, it's mostly cost. As it was it took me 2 full tanks of 98, that's about $200. A 2 day event would probably at least double that and add accommodation as well. That's starting to get pretty pricey.
The two day event in the mix will be about the same in fuel but will definatly cost more but we are going to throw up some cash prices see how it goes and sit down after and see what's the best option.
pest wrote:If your goal is to get people more time together, I'd recommend more stops where you actually get out of the car (even if only briefly), more back roads between stops (Hampton downs to Tauranga was a great leg, Tauranga to Rotorua on the main road was MISERABLE) and at lunch, try to time it so that for some period of time EVERYONE is there, rather than a rolling logjam of only part of the field. Also, find a bigger carpark.
Yes we have another route planned that will incompase alot more back road action.
pest wrote:Don't take any of that as criticism, it all worked out really remarkably well and I had a great time, I'm just throwing in a couple of suggestions.
Don't take it as criticism it's great to get feed back. we have had the exact oposite feed back from most people we have talked to though. most said it was too cheap and too rushed they would rather pay more and get more out of it in return.

Thanks for taking the time