Manfeild Trackday

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
Z Club
Committee Member

Manfeild Trackday

Post by Z Club » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:59 pm

Playday on Track are running a Track Day at Manfeild on Saturday 12th September - see www.playdayontrack.co.nz - an ideal opportunity for all lower North Island Z Club members to get some track time without needing a competition licence. There is only 31 places left for this event as at today so be in fast.

I will be there with SAMURI and would love to have a Zed contingent there to fill as many of those remaining 31 places as possible.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:10 pm

And for those of you with competition licences - the Intermarque Sprint series at Manfeild is another great low key event to get some good track time.

You only need a Clubsport licence, helmet and overalls.

Event dates are:
Sunday 19th July
Sunday 16th August
Sunday 4th October
Sunday 6th December

See www.thesurgery.co.nz/sprints.asp for more details.

This event uses the dual car sprint format so that you are not driving in the middle of a pack of cars, all trying to beat each other to the next corner. You compete against your own lap time and a wide range of cars compete and you can be pretty sure that any Zed would be sure to not be the slowest car there on the day.

Happy to tell you more if there is any interest. I missed the first event in April, but ran SAMURI in the May event and was about half way down the field without trying too hard and risking the car in any way. And I'll be there tomorrow for another go if anyone local wants to come and have a look.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:41 am

Emailed a few of the Z folk down the lower end of the Island for you. 8)

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Only 3 places left for the Playday event at Manfeild on 12 September if anyone is interested.