Targa Bambina on March 7th/8th

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Targa Bambina on March 7th/8th

Post by old_datto_fan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:00 pm

Just a recommendation to any one in the Auckland area (or anywhere else for that matter) that wants to try out the Targa that there is the Bambina Event on for the weekend of 7th and 8th March.

Sounds like the event will be centred around the Papakura area which means no travel and accommodation costs if you live not too far away.

For those of you that want to blow out the cobwebs, the Bambina Tour will be doing 10 or 11 stages of the 14 or 15 in total. You don't need a rollcage, helmets etc just a Clubsport licence, Club Membership, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and warning triangle. Plus rego and WOF of course. Entry fee is $1,150 if paid before the end of this month.

I have found the Tour to be a great way to run your classic car at a pace that you are comfortable with and get the feel for what the "real" Targa is all about. The Tour is led by a Tour Leader who sets the ovedrall pace and this is quick enough for most people but you do not need to keep up with him and can set your own speed. And your car can be completely standard, just make sure that it is well serviced and reliable.

I've entered already and would love to see some other Zeds join me on the Tour. Happy to talk about my Tour experiences with anyone keen to have a go.