RHD diamond Vynal

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
SR240Z

RHD diamond Vynal

Post by SR240Z » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi there,

Slowly getting parts together for my life time 240z build :lol: I ordered a heap of stuff from MSA and part of that lot was the tunnel diamond vynal... I completely overlooked that right and left hand drive patterns would be different due to the hand brake location. I contacted MSA asking if they could supply the same material (for me to cut less the handbrake slot on the LHS) or supply a LHD pattern but the response was less than favorable.

I've been in contact with an upholster whom has a sample but I have not heard back from yet

I can't believe that the only vynal reproductions are all LHD but thats all I can seem to find on the ole interweb!

Does anyone have any insights as to where I could source either the correct diamond vynal or even better a RHD 240z vynal kit?

Cheers Adam

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:11 am

Try posting on the club facebook page. There is one in particular there, I think maybe able to help. Stan is usually watching the page.
https://www.facebook.com/ZClubNZ
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

SR240Z

Post by SR240Z » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:05 pm

After a long winded search and my parts eventually arriving (along with some fellow Z club assistance) turns out the hand brake position did not change irrespective of LHD/RHD models

I can now sleep at night :lol: