General natter about Datsun/Nissans
Cam Z33

Post by Cam Z33 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:06 am

Last edited by Cam Z33 on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

agecage
Z Club Member

Post by agecage » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:27 am

You have a cause in small claims because of false advertising. Saying they have a set of silver in the stockroom, but in fact not having them.

He is partially right saying the shipping isn't on them, but most company's will wear that cost in a matter of good faith.

As soon as you send them a email about small claims I bet they will jump to, other wise it just a hassle and a waste of time for them to deal with that.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:22 am

Thanks for posting, they made the mistake then they are responsible for whatever it takes to get it right, its called customer service. I suggest you follow up with head office a bit more, just hassle them. Call them every day until it is sorted. Demand your money back and expect it, I find in situations like this if you are not firm they tend to see it as a willingness on your part to compromise.
Personally myself I will give them an opportunity to fix it amicably if they can't the throw the book at them.

Good luck and hope you can get this sorted.
Bernie Kant
Club President

Skiwi

Post by Skiwi » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:44 am

From what you have posted you appear to have a fair complaint.

Be polite, fair and firm. In my experience most companies will see reason and do the right thing, those that don't NEED to be made to see the errors of their ways, even if its a small amount I would follow through in the interests of helping the next customer they try and rip off.

When I get shiz service I send a polite email explaining the problem, the resolution I believe is fair and what my next steps are if they don't agree my summary of the situation.
I then reply to their return email either thanking them for putting it right of advising them I will be I will be perusing it under the CGA via the Small Claims Court.
I have only ever had to go to the SCC (on behalf of my daughter) once, which I predictably won and got full compensation plus costs.

Cheers
Skiwi
When you drive a "Z" the destination is moot

stevenewenham
Z Club Member

Post by stevenewenham » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:37 am

All good advice.Personally I would not wait 4 days to get a response from the franchise manager.
Always get a time commitment, as in ":when will I hear back from you".Or take the initiative -"I need you to get back to me by 5pm tomorrow"
If they don't keep their commitment, hassle, hassle, hassle.
The squeaky wheel gets the oil.If still unsatisfactory move to the next stage as above.