MSA orders

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
barendb

MSA orders

Post by barendb » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:02 am

Hi Guys

Trying hard to place an order with MSA but they are very slow to respond to a quote, from searches it looks like heaps of people has placed orders with them in the past. Are these guys worth the trouble or is there any other sites to use?

djz

Post by djz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:02 pm

I've bought off MSA before and they were pretty good, you could have a look at Black Dragon - I've never dealt with them.

http://www.blackdragonauto.com/
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:12 pm

I always place an order by phone with MSA. That way you know someone has at least got it.

My last two orders from them took 3 and 6 days. Not cheap, but good service.

Black Dragon, formerly Victoria British, was very slow. Four or five months. But the parts were all there.
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

toycollector10

Post by toycollector10 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:22 pm

I went to the email list of staff and picked out Aaron and he has been very good, offering technical advice as well as overall support. They ship using UPS and that can be quite expensive but stuff takes, as stated, about 4 to 6 days. If you can't see the part you need on their website just ask and they will supply if it's available. I think from memory a simply steering coupler was $35 USD. Ouch. Anyway, the exchange rate at the moment is excellent.

us2
Z Club Member

Post by us2 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Does anyone need a NOS 1972 Z light switch. New from MSA 4 years ago and unused still in wrapper with Nissan labels.

Brian.
!972 240z

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:42 pm

MSA have been good to me, one place to avoid at all costs on the American continent is Modern Motorsports in Vancouver.

asyado

Post by asyado » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi Brian,
is that light the overhead interior light?, is it the same push light design as the 260z, I would be interested if it is, PM me if you believe it is and what price you are after for it.
Cheers Nigel aka asyado
Insanity is only one gear change away!!!

asyado

Post by asyado » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi there,
I've bought the majority of my Z parts for my 260Z off Ebay, the prices are very comparable to the sites mentioned and most of the new bits I've ordered have turned up by weeks end from paying for.
The bonus with Ebay is that your shipping is covered by insurance through paying with Paypal and most have tracked shipping so you don't end biting your fingertips off, wondering if it is ever going to turn up.
Tip for the inexperienced - If you buy items over $200USD in price, then expect to receive a friendly letter from customs, to be given the news, that they for no work @ all, now want their greedy cut on your well priced items.
There's GST and import duty to pay before they will release them. You can pay by credit card over the phone or send in a bank cheque.
You get so many days to pay and if they don't receive payment by then, they ship them back to sender @ your cost.
So plan on some extra mooooooooooolllllllllllaaaaaaa in your wallet if bringing in a large package.
USP postal service is a standard $40USD charge minimum for any sized item that is getting posted out of the States.
Most of my sellers I buy off will declare all my items under this amount, I've already asked them to and if they don't, I don't use them for any further sales.
The carrot of continued business usually brings them around.
I sometimes do have to ship some items in two lots but the extra shipping cost is way less than the crap the government send you a letter for.
Stay over .80 cents America, I luv you guys @ the moment, just stay like that for another 6 months and I will be a very happy Z man indeed.
Nigel aka asyado
Insanity is only one gear change away!!!

us2
Z Club Member

Post by us2 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:06 pm

It's the main headlight switch on the steering column Nigel.
!972 240z

toycollector10

Post by toycollector10 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Re Customs: They charged me $135 for my hubcaps and when I opened the package there was bird poo with seeds on them, dried mud and also two dead spiders. I sent Customs a politely worded yet mildly sarcastic :) "well done". Stuff me, ten days later they refunded my money. I WIN for a change!

240znz

Post by 240znz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:17 pm

MSA are a good lot. I agree that calling is the best first option to get a name and email address of someone who will help you.

MSA buy a lot of stuff from US Nissan dealers and you can often get NOS stuff cheaper directly.

http://www.nissanparts.cc/
http://www.courtesynissan.com/
Zed NOT Zee

12/70 HS30-00352
1973 240Z rust car