Official "Spotted" Thread

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
netrover

Post by netrover » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:53 pm

netrover wrote:Saw two yellow Zeds in the space of an hour today in Christchurch.

Ultimate Yellow 370Z going north on Manchester Street, and then an Ultra Yellow 350z going east on Brougham. And no, it wasn't a reflection in a shop window that I saw!
Would you believe I just saw another yellow Z today. 350Z going east on Centaurus Road. It was one that I looked at about 6 years ago when I was looking for mine b
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:43 pm

netrover wrote:
netrover wrote:Saw two yellow Zeds in the space of an hour today in Christchurch.

Ultimate Yellow 370Z going north on Manchester Street, and then an Ultra Yellow 350z going east on Brougham. And no, it wasn't a reflection in a shop window that I saw!
Would you believe I just saw another yellow Z today. 350Z going east on Centaurus Road. It was one that I looked at about 6 years ago when I was looking for mine b
That time has flown by. Doesn't seem that long ago, that I was helping you find a Zed. :D
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

netrover

Post by netrover » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:48 am

BRONZEE wrote:
netrover wrote:

That time has flown by. Doesn't seem that long ago, that I was helping you find a Zed. :D
Yes the time has certainly passed quickly. A lot has happened since then including four major earthquakes, one of which caused stuff to fall on the Zed. I see my sign up to this forum was in November 2009. I drive the 30 km into town once a week in the Zed and love every minute!
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Spotted quite a number of 300zx's (Z32) & 350's and a few 370's this evening, plus bumped Zed owners at the shops.
Next - Z Club events:

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:26 am

Spotted my S30 still sitting in the garage.!!!!!!!!!! To busy to take it out. My intention was to take it out and use it for work this week, but uniformly i have had us the wagon to transport stuff. Made pallet Christmas tree last night look pretty cool, not sort of stuff I want to transport in the back of the Z.
Bernie Kant
Club President

beeto

Post by beeto » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:36 am

So, Took my car in to get its distributor work done at a local mechanic in Hamilton that works on Classic/older model cars. Changing out the points for a e12-80 dizzy.

And as i arrive i see a stunning White 240z sitting outside the mechanics, and knew it could only be Zeubins 240z. She looks amazing in person, and very nicely presented!

Nice work so far Zeubin!

Zeubin

Post by Zeubin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:56 pm

Cheers, I saw your Z there too Beeto! Liking the wheels :)

They're a good crowd at Nostalgia

schift

Post by schift » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:52 pm

Orange/Red 240z heading south on SH1 as I was coming down Paekakariki Hill road on Sunday around 6pm. Got a wave I think.
2002 Nissan Fairlady Z

strydah
Z Club Member

Post by strydah » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:10 pm

Hi, You did indeed get a wave as I was heading back to town from up the coast.
cheers
Steve

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:06 am

Its very rare that I don't get a wave or thumbs up every time I take her out.
Bernie Kant
Club President

merlin

Post by merlin » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:49 am

On the southern motorway a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO!!! Was a replica but what a car. Possibly the one that was hand made in the south island and was on Trade Me for $1.2 mil

limezed

Post by limezed » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:56 pm

That was Paul Halford's. He was suppose to be doing the classic trials at the porsche festival in it but broke his wrist loading his 911 on his trailer.

This one was built in the states on a 250gte chassis.

I sat in it a couple of years ago but could not fit the steering wheel on as it was built to fit the average Ferrari factory worker of the day.

Paul also has a 288GTO amongst others in his collection. Oh and he's a heck of a nice guy as well.

merlin

Post by merlin » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Thanks for the info Karl. I did not see it for long as I was going the other way. but it looked very accurate and fantastic. It is my 2nd fav car of all time. the others being a 427 S/C Shelby Cobra and Cobra Daytona coupe. I would be too scared to drive it on the motorway with so many idiots about. I'm too scared to take my 240 out at times.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:02 pm

Truck loads of Zeds at the show today, 350's, 300's (Z32), a 280 and 260!! All looking very sexy.
Next - Z Club events:

limezed

Post by limezed » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:45 pm

Oh and I did see a 240z today out my side window. A certain red white and blue number 48.

He passed me sideways then backwards then carried on his merry way around the sweeper at Hamptons as if nothing had happened.

Certainly a line that I hadn't seen before.