WTB S30 Rear Stub Axles

Things, for sale and wanted - descriptive topics
mikey
Site Admin

WTB S30 Rear Stub Axles

Post by mikey » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:47 am

Hiya, I'm after some S30 Rear Stub Axles. Ideally 280z with companion flanges as I believe they're in upgrade for 240z's. Or alternatively some 240z ones, I already have 240z companion flanges.

I was gonna buy some upgraded ones from Futofab, but he's not answering emails.

Cheers, Mikey

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:53 pm

I am in the process of putting an R180 from a Subaru STI in my car, I got the stub axles from Futofab for this job. I had a spare set of 240,260 axles which I was able to make universals to fit the new stub axles. I have what's left of the axles but I think you are looking for the parts I used on my car. You also need to get the correct bolts. The flange bolts that bolt the axle to the wheel stub are not standard bolts and have a flat section in front of the thread to hold it firm to the wheel stub. The bolt heads and nuts are also much smaller than what you would normally have on that size shank. The head of the nut aligns with a ridge in the axle to stop it from spinning. I have some coming from Aus and they are not cheap. The other option would be to make some bolts.

Funny that you can't get hold of Futofab I found them really good to deal with, just keep trying, maybe try calling them, I seem to remember something funny about their email address.
Bernie Kant
Club President

mikey
Site Admin

Post by mikey » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:40 am

Thanks Bernie, Thankfully, I have all the bolts from the damaged 240z stub axles from my car, so it's just the stub axles that need replacing.

So if you did have the stub axles and the splines are in good condition, I would be interested? The power I'm putting out probably doesn't justify the upgrade to the Futofab ones.

Just to be clear, I'm after these parts from the rear hubs, bot the diff side axles.

Cheers, Mikey.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:36 am

Sorry, don't have any of those.
Bernie Kant
Club President