240Z/S30 parts needed

Things, for sale and wanted - descriptive topics
rob240z

240Z/S30 parts needed

Post by rob240z » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:56 pm

Hey all, My 240 which has had many attempted starts over the years is finally starting its path back to the road. I have cleaned it out and its heading the workshop next week. Unfortunately i have found that when the floor skins were replaced the seat mounts were never put back in and are nowhere in the pile of parts i have. So has anyone got an S30 that is being stripped or used as a parts car that is willing to cut the floor sections out with the seat mounts and sell me?

Thanks Rob
71 240Z

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:47 am

I found this website the other day and they look like having what you need.
https://kfvintagejdm.com/

rob240z

Post by rob240z » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:18 am

Thanks mike, yeah that’s what I need. I have found mine this morning but they need repairs so will have I go at repairing them first. Got to be quicker and cheaper than shipping from the states at the present time.
71 240Z

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:51 pm

Hi Rob,
I'm sure with your skills you will be able to fix or re-create them. As a suggestion I'd double plate where the seat rails bolt to as I've found the standard mounts can crack there. We ran square steel tube under the lip of the front mounts and welded that to the inner sill and the trans tunnel so they are super strong. And also inset some square tube in to the rear mount and that was also welded between sill and tunnel. Not original but much stronger.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:25 am

Personally, I think the above site and similar sites will be your best bet besides making the parts. I dought you you will find anyone parting a S30 anymore. They are getting to old and valuable now.
Bernie Kant
Club President

rob240z

Post by rob240z » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:12 pm

Yeah I know it’s a long shot asking for S30 parts but you got to try!!. Anyway I have remade the seat mounts and made some stiffing braces so that’s one task done.

Now any chance there’s a right hand bonnet hinge laying around??? And also why I’m at it guard and hatch badges??
71 240Z